Orders & Delivery: My first photo order - what do I do?
You are new at Pixum and would like order photo prints for the first time? Here is a step-by-step explanation of how to do this:
1. Uploading photos to Pixum
To print your photos, we need a digital image of your photo. This has to be transferred to our servers. Pixum has various upload methods, so everybody can choose their favourite type. You can upload your photos by either hovering over the the tab "Photo Prints" and then choosing your upload method on the right of the opening navigation window. Or you can use the link "upload photos" on the homepage under "Here you can...".
Once you clicked on "Upload photos" you are in your inbox.
- By clicking on the button "Browse" (in the left orange box, see the image below) you can select your images from your computer.
- After selecting one or more images (you can select multiple images by using the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard) these are uploaded to our server.
- If you are using the default upload method Flash, then you can view the process of your upload underneath the "Browse" button. Once an image is fully uploaded it will appear in your inbox on the right under "photos uploaded today".
Naturally you do not have to use the Flash upload, you can choose one of the many other upload methods. An extensive description and explanation of each upload method can be found here »
2. Selecting photos and formats
All uploaded images are now in your inbox. To better view each image you can click on an image for an enlarged preview.
All recently uploaded images are already marked with an orange frame. If you do not wish to order all photos at once, you can remove single images from the selection by unticking the box underneath the image or use the options right above the images ("Select all photos", "Select none", "Invert selection") to apply your change to all images.
- Once you have made your selection, click on the orange button "Order now" above your images.
- Then a small window will pop up, where you can select the format in which you would like to print your images. In the dropdown-menu you can choose from all photo print formats plus the 20cm/8" and 30cm/12" posters.
- Now click on "OK". The selected images will be placed in the shopping basket.
Please note: naturally you don't have to have all your images printed in the same format - in the shopping basket you can add the format and amount per image. More information about this process can be found here »
3. Changing your order in the shopping basket
Above your inbox you will see a notification "Your selection has been added into your shopping basket". By clicking on the link below, you are redirected to the shopping basket. You can also click on the Shopping Basket symbol on the right (see the red arrow in the image below).
By the way: you can check which images you placed in the shopping basket, by either clicking on details in the shopping basket or by going back to your inbox - the images placed in the shopping basket will appear in your inbox with a blue frame.
You can change the format and amount of prints per photo in the shopping basket, even delete some if needed. More information about this process can be found here »
Please note: every new customer automatically gets 25 free prints in 9cm/3.5" or 10cm/4" format! These are automatically deducted from the total price in your shopping basket, you do not need to enter a voucher for this.