Surprise your loved ones with a personalized photo book filled with your photos - make it in the Pixum Photo World software & save time with the book assistant!
Create a stunning photo album with the Pixum Photo World software! Investing hours in mounting photos, choosing a nice one among those boring old-fashioned covers of those traditional albums or wavy transparent photo sleeves - all that is left in the past. Discover creative editing options and design your own fully personalized photo book with Pixum.
Download our free photo book maker and design your own photo album
Simply download the software from our homepage and create your Pixum Photo Book in no time. The Photo World software is, of course, free for you. As soon as the software has been installed to your computer, you do not even need an internet connection for designing a photo album. Happy with you draft? Upload your photo book online via the Photo World software in just a few steps.
Looking for a time-saving option?Then try using our smart photo book assistant! Read on to find whether it's an option for you and how you could use it for your next photo book project.
It's a built-in photo book wizard that makes a personalized & professionally-looking book draft with your photos in no time at all.
If you wish to skip adding single photos one by one into the photo album template you've picked, you can simply use the photo book assistant. With just a few clicks, the photo book assistant does the work for you, and you simply edit the draft to a perfect photo book.
Run the Pixum Photo World software and navigate with the mouse to the photo books section. You will first have to select the size & shape of your new photo album and the matching paper type (glossy, matt, extra matt). Note, that you still can change the size and the paper type afterwards, as well as whether it'll be a hardback photo book or one with a softcover.
Now, you will see the book features you have preselected so far. There will also appear two options to choose from: either "Start with assistant?" or "Design yourself?"
Have you clicked on "Start with assistant"? Here are the three steps to your beautiful photo book draft:
- Photos: Click on "Select" to navigate to your photo library on your computer. Now, either add the whole folder to the selection area in the middle by drag & drop, or add single pictures from different directories - drag & drop the picture and switch to a new directory via the "Select"button. As soon as you're done with the selection, sort the images by clicking on "Settings for photo selection". Check the sequence and proceed to step 2. Otherwise, simply quit the assistant and design the book by yourself (upper left corner).
- Select a Theme: A theme is a combination of the page layouts, background colours and stickers. Drag a theme to the middle area to see how your photo book might look like. Apply a different theme per drag & drop until you're happy with the design.
- Edit: Now, you will see all pages of your photo book. It's the editor mode where you can edit the photo order, swap single images, change page backgrounds, etc. Remember to save the current draft via "Open"!
Once you have completed your photo book, all you have to do is put it in the shopping basket and submit the order in a few steps. Your personalised photo album has now been created in the design software!
Have you clicked on "Design yourself? Follow these steps to get a lovely photo book:
- Photos: Click on "Select" to navigate to your photo library on your computer and load the corresponding directory. Double-click it to be able to see single images. As soon as you've spotted a matching snap for the page 1, simply add it to the empty photo area (blue-colours placeholders) per 'drag & drop'. If your photos are being stored in different directories - switch to a new directory via the "Select"button and repeat.
- Layouts: Making a photo book by yourself, you can still use one of the pre-designed book templates or themes. Our tip: check the themes before you start arranging photos since an applied theme modifies the previous design. Another tip: Open one of the pages filled with photos and click on the 'space' key on your keyboard and the software suggests you other matching layout. It's very useful when you delete one of the images on this page - you immediately get a new neat layout and can proceed with the creative process.
- Backgrounds: Don't forget to apply a background that will enhance the colours of your photos. Read our top tips on backgrounds in a photo book.
- Cliparts, Masks & Frames: Use these elements to highlight individual photos on a spread. For example, add a nostalgic instant-camera frame with a white board, or change a photo shape to a letter and white their name this way.
- Edit single images: The Pixum Photo World software offers you a wide variety of image editing tools. Double-click a photo placed on a photo book page to adjust the colours or add a vignette.
Save the draft and get back to it after a little tea break! You will find your photo book draft via "Open" section and can go on editing.
As soon as you're happy with the book, add it to the shopping cart and proceed to the checkout.
A Pixum Photo Book is also a great gift idea. Surprise your family and friends with an amazing self-designed album - they will all be thrilled! Capture unforgettable moments forever and share beautiful memories - a gift with a very personal touch! Simply enter their address at the checkout, and we'll take care of the rest.
With a professional binding your album will be a customized Pixum Photo Book of the premium quality - for long-lasting excitement! Astonish your friends and family at the next meeting and impress them with a self-designed album from Pixum, the multiple award winner!
If you prefer creating your photo products directly online, have a look at the Pixum Online Editor. Here you can upload your digital images right away and start designing immediately.